........The Future is RIGGED........

Monday, June 7, 2010

13/17

The Manchester United Supporters club in Malaysia has been holding their annual dinner for 17 years now and I have been emceeing (pro bono) it for 13 years straight !
This year as usual it was held at Concorde KL.

Throughout the 13years I have seen the supporters club evolve into what it is today.

The Honorary Secretary is Lawrence How who with his team of volunteers and workers work endlessly and tirelessly to ensure the Club is always running.

I have met many fellow Man U fans there who never cease to amaze me on their love for Man U.
I am nothing compared to some of these die-hards.

For the last 3 years, the club has a royal patron in the form of HRH The Raja Muda of Perlis.
"Spot the Royal Patron...er..then me "!

The clubhouse has had its share of problems where it got burnt, fought with the corporate boys who wanted to recognise the short-lived Man U Cafe owners and having Old Trafford impose all kinds of silly conditions.

Still, the supporters club prevailed and despite all its setbacks, it has the support of a chosen few who ensure it is kept alive.
This despite many detractors and wanna-be's.
I can safely say that the commitment WITHOUT any agenda other than to support Man Utd is with Lawrence How and his group.
"Anderson Tan, Zetty 'I-dont-care-I'm-wearing-my-Arsenal-jersey" Juyanty and me !...Very brave she was..hahaha!..Even RM Perlis said so."

I enjoy emceeing this event, it is hardly scripted and things change all the time and by the graciousness of HRH The Raja Muda of Perlis, protocol is kept to a bare minimum.

Any queries on how to join the club?
Email Lawrence How at lhmufc@pc.jaring.my



© All Pictures by Zetty J Rahim unless stated. All Rights Reserved. Not to be used without permission.
Comments may be sent to: therevelation11@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment